HTMA – What is Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA)?
Why test for minerals?
Minerals are essential for growth, healing, vitality and wellbeing. They provide structural support in bones and teeth, and they maintain the body’s pH and water balance, nerve activity, muscle contractions, energy production and enzyme reactions. They are the basic ‘spark plugs’ of life.
Ideally we should get all the minerals we need from a balanced diet. Unfortunately today this is rarely possible. Modern farming techniques, fertilisers and depleted soils reduce the mineral content of foods. Environmental pollutants, chemical food additives and stressful lifestyles also have a detrimental effect on our nutritional status.
Many health conditions are aggravated by mineral imbalances and toxic metal excesses, including cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, migraines, learning difficulties and hyperactivity in children, to name just a few. Consequently, we need to test and monitor our nutritional status more than ever.
Benefits of HTMA
- Safe, scientific, non-invasive pathology test
- Reliable data on more than 35 nutrient & toxic minerals, and over 25 mineral ratios
- Valuable health information often not revealed in standard blood and urine tests
- Discovery of nutrient mineral imbalances or toxic mineral excesses that may be affecting your health
- Interpretive test reports that assess your current mineral status, highlighting areas of concern and recommended dietary changes
- HTMA is regarded as one of the most valuable screening tools available in everyday and preventative health care
Email or phone us to find out more about how to proceed with the HTMA testing service