The highest selling pharmaceutical drug in the world is a cholesterol lowering drug.
Not only is high cholesterol a danger to your health but so too are the side effects of the cholesterol medication.
Visit us at Orange Health and find out how easy it is to make dietary changes that lower your cholesterol, quickly, effectively and without side effects
*results may vary from person to person
Some dietary suggestions to improve your health:
- Have plenty of fresh water, fresh air, live fresh foods, exercise and keep your weight down.
- Throw out the stuff in the pantry. Packaged foods contain all sorts of insidious little things to ‘preserve their quality’.
- Throw out table salt and use natural sea salt or crystal salt.
- Throw out packaged salad dressings, use flax oil or extra virgin olive oil and cider vinegar ( email for recipes).
- If it’s the colour of a highlighter or ingredients you can’t pronounce, you shouldn’t be eating it!
- Gradually increase the amount of raw foods and whole grains in your diet, sprouts, nuts, grains, seeds and beans.
- Eat freshly picked greens if possible and other young green plants.
- Choose fruits that are local and in season – if tree ripened they contain the greatest amount of vitamins and minerals.
- Choose produce grown in NZ or as close to home as possible.
- Choose vegetables like green leafy vegetables, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, pumpkin, kumara (even better: try organic).
- Brown basmati rice is the best.
- Don’t overeat. To avoid this eat small meals often and increase the amount of raw food you eat.
- Eat fresh fish 2-3 times a week if possible.
- If eating meat choose fresh unprocessed meat.